8-10oz whole grain pasta (use a smaller noodle or if you're being fancy- make your own!!)
1 pkg mushrooms (I used baby portabella) finely diced
2-3 cups loosely packed kale (or other leafy green)
1 yellow onion
1-2 TBSP olive oil
4-6 strips bacon
4-6 oz goat cheese
1 cup pasta water (save a cup before draining the pasta)
Seasoning: basil, salt, garlic powder, etc.
1. I prefer my mushrooms roasted in balsamic vs sautéed in olive oil (I just think they get slimy), if you also like them roasted that’s your first step… after the mushrooms are diced, toss them in some balsamic and put in over for about 30 minutes. If you don’t want to spend time doing this step, skip to the next one and I’ll remind you to add your mushrooms with other veggies.
2. Cook bacon. However you like... oven, micro, stovetop. Let it cool and shred into small pieces.
3. Get that onion peeled and chopped and into a pan with some olive oil.
4. Let onions cook for a few minutes and then add mushrooms for another few minutes if you didn’t follow step 1, if you did then don’t add them yet.
5. Get pasta boiling, when you drain don’t forget to save 1 cup of the pasta water, it helps melt down the cheese and create more of a sauce.
6. Add the bacon, roasted mushrooms, and kale to onion mixture. Basically you want it to cook until your kale wilts down, usually a few more minutes.
7. You can add seasoning here to the veggies… I just did a little bit of garlic powder but feel free to go to town with whatever you like
8. Combine pasta, veggies, add goat cheese, and water. Mix thoroughly.
Are you going out for Valentine’s Day?? Or do you prefer staying in and cooking?? What are you making for tonight?? Single?? Fun plans with friends for dinner in or out?? I prefer going out because we make dinner in so frequently it makes it a little less special to me… besides I end up doing most of the cooking and sometimes it’s really nice to be treated <3 Happy Valentine’s Day Friends!! xoxo