Go through your pantry, cupboards, freezer, or fridge; what ‘treasures’ have you found? Pick an ingredient/spice/condiment that’s been hanging out for a while and give it the attention it needs. Share a healthy recipe made using your new-found pantry prize.
1 cup cooked freekah
1 bell pepper
1 15 oz can beans (I used kidney)
1 cup mushrooms
½ cup fresh cilantro
1 TBSP garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup nutritional yeast
1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1 TBSP hot sauce
1TBSP olive oil
1. Rinse beans and dice veggies into small pieces
2. Sauté onion in 1 TBSP olive oil on the stove top with garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper
3. Add additional veggies once the onion starts to become translucent, sauté 5 more minutes
4. Combine with freekah, add cilantro and hot sauce
5. Once thoroughly combined add nutritional yeast, and then gradually mix in bread crumbs
6. Form small patties with mixture and freeze for later serving or fry on stovetop in pan with olive oil, cooking on each side 3-5 minutes until starting to brown
Have you ever tried nutritional yeast before? What about freekah!?
Make sure to check out the link up to see what other bloggers came up with!!