“What favorite kitchen staples do you now make from scratch – but in the past you purchased? Show us your best DIY recipe for keeping cupboards, fridge or freezer stocked with healthy basics. Think homemade frozen waffles, salad dressing, broth or other kitchen essentials.”
For the pie crust:
1 cup almond meal
½ cup coconut flour
1 TBSP coconut oil, melted
1 cup hot water
2 TBSP hot water/ date juice
For the pie filling:
1 cup melted semi sweet chocolate
1 cup peanut butter
12 oz package of silken tofu
1. Soak dates for at least 30 minutes in hot water and then depit them
2. Preheat oven to 350
3. Combine all almond meal, coconut flour, coconut oil, and dates in food processor and pulse until dough is formed, add reserved date water gradually if needed
4. Form crust in pie pan and bake at 350 for 10-15, don’t let it burn but you want it browned
5. Let crust cool and work on filling: melt chocolate first and then add in peanut butter and tofu- I did this all in one pot on the stove top and just kept gradually stirring until everything was evenly combined
6. Fill crust with choco/tofu/PB mixture and refrigerate overnight and enjoy the next day!
What's your homemade essential? What's your favorite kind of pie?
Check out the other Reduxers homemade essentials!