This month’s Recipe Redux sponsored contest is brought to you by siggi’s- an Icelandic inspired yogurt that is referred to as skyr. Last month I had the privilege of hearing Siggi himself speak about his journey to creating his very successful company! The best thing about siggi’s yogurt is a simple ingredient list with little sugar (especially compared to other brands). If you take a look back at my FNCE post there is a recap of his presentation in which I shared my favorite slide- it shows the sugar content of siggis yogurt vs other brands. If you are eating other yogurts you’re definitely going to want to check that slide out for a reality check! Siggi’s skyr boasts more protein than sugar- which is ideal.
1 5.3 oz cup of siggi’s orange & ginger yogurt
1 cup applesauce
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp orange zest
1 TBSP freshy squeezed orange juice
1½ cups oat flour
¼ cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined.
- Bake at 400 degree for 20 minutes.
- Serve fresh warm or chill overnight in fridge and serve cold.