Anyways…. MUFFINS! Muffins are definitely a fall food… especially when they come out of the oven fresh and warm. Add coffee or a chai and you’ve got a perfect snack, or treat, or breakfast. These muffins are all of the above. And they’re gluten free for my intolerant friends. Yay! You could make them with wheat flour also but if you’ve never used oat flour or coconut flour before it really gives a great flavor. Simply grind oats or coconut flakes in a food processor. You can also buy them in the store. I’ve been on an orange kick lately, definitely recommend buying oranges and using FRESHLY squeezed juice. It makes all the difference.
1½ cups oat flour
½ cup coconut flour
1 cup ground walnuts
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ cup coconut sugar
¼ tsp salt
1½ tsp cinnamon
1 TBSP orange zest
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
¼ cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease muffin pan with coconut oil
3. Measure and combine dry ingredients.
4. Beat egg and combine wet ingredients
5. Add wet to dry until everything is just moistened, over mixing can lead to less tasty muffins
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
7. Allow to cool, serve warm, or store in airtight container
Is it cold where you live? What’s your favorite season??