Share your tips and tricks for making one – or more freezer meals. It’s the end of the gardening season for some of us; let’s store away that produce in heat-and-eat-from-the-freezer-meals. Show how convenient healthy freezer breakfast, lunches or dinners can be!
September is the official National Breakfast Month and unofficial back to school month which means many busy parents are trying to get a healthy breakfast together for their kids before they head out the door. I’m a big fan of food prep especially for breakfast. Let’s be honest… who really has time to cook an elaborate breakfast in the morning? Here are a couple of my favorite breakfasts that are pre made and can be taken to go: Overnight Oats, my favorite Protein Bars, Quinoa Bars, Orange Coconut muffins... just to name a few!
For this month’s Recipe Redux focusing on freezer friendly meals, I bring you super easy make ahead pancakes customized for fall flavor with the addition of apples and cinnamon. Cook a double batch of the pancakes on the weekend and freeze for quick breakfast during the week!
2 cups almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup milk
½ cup applesauce
1 tsp Nu Naturals vanilla stevia or vanilla extract
1½ TBSP coconut oil
Cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract or Nu Naturals vanilla stevia
1. Combine dry ingredients and then mix in wet pancake ingredients
2. Heat pan to medium and spray with cooking spray (I used coconut oil spray)
3. Using ¼ cup measurement, scoop batter onto hot pan
4. Cook on one side until solid enough to flip
5. Cook on other side until thoroughly cooked
6. Serve warm or freeze for later use
7. When reheating microwave approximately 1 minute, smear with nut butter for added protein
Check out more freezer friendly recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner from other Recipe Reduxers!