1 cup nuts (I used walnuts but you could do peanuts or almonds)
1 cup oats
3 TBSP nut butter (I used cashew butter)
2 TBSP maple syrup
¼ cup coconut shredded
1-3 TBSP water
½-1 cup additional oats (optional)
½ cup chocolate chips (or really as much as you want!)
1. Grind walnuts and oats in blender
2. Add nut butter, maple syrup, and coconut
3. This is the tricky part… add the water very gradually… you don’t want it to get too liquidy or it won’t form a nice dough.
4. Optional oats come in here if you added too much water… add oats gradually to the mixture to absorb extra liquid to form a better dough
5. Once the dough is ready add chocolate chips and mix in with your hands, this part gets a little messy but it’s fun.
6. You can always add more water if dough is too stiff or more oats if it is not staying together.
7. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.