1 TBSP olive oil
1 medium yellow onion
2 garlic cloves
3 cups blueberries (I used frozen)
3 TBSP molasses (could sub 2 TBSP brown sugar)
3 TBSP maple syrup
2 TBSP rice vinegar
2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup TBSP apple cider vinegar
3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1 TSP cumin
1 TSP cinnamon
1 TSP chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to add a little more garlic or chili powder based on how spicey you like your BBQ sauce.
1. Warm olive oil in pot or pan.
2. Chop onion and garlic, add to pan. Sautee for a few minutes until onions start to become translucent.
3. Add blueberries and other sauces, stirring as they are added.
4. Cook on stove for a few minutes until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
5. CAREFULLY transfer mixture to blender and puree ingredients.
At this point you can transfer back to stove and cook for a few minutes and then bottle or serve. But I was trying to do a BBQ pulled chicken so I added my mixtures and two chicken breasts to a crockpot and allowed them to cook for a few hours. Turned out perfect, great flavor and juicy chicken! How do you like your BBQ sauce?? Do you use a particular brand or make your own??